Wednesday, January 15, 2014

October 2013 - Cuddle Bear Costumes


My Cuddle Bears!

I had this fervent wish to dress the babies as little bears for their first Halloween.  Originally I wanted Care Bears after seeing this incredible ensemble: http://www.instructables.com/id/Baby-Care-Bear-Costume/
Sadly I didn't have 2 giant bears to dismember and so I started thinking of a solution that would be more attainable for me.  I had received a free copy Simplicity 7807 that contained an option for a hooded romper with ears.  So I purchased some soft plaid flannel, assorted notions and set of on my first major sewing project in 15 years. I enlarged the ears and added the contrasting color inside the ears.  I ended up placing the zippers too high so that they couldn't fully close without choking baby...so I improvised the adorable bow-tie and flower attached to snap tabs to keep the zipper properly positioned.  Overall I was so delighted with the results, it was many hours of work for a beginning sewist caring for two infants, but in my mind totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment